Thursday 2 March 2017

World Book Day 2017 - Lives & Times Charity Book Has Raised Over £3000


Today is World Book Day 2017, and if there is one book you might consider buying then please take a look at the Lives & Times fundraising book for the Beating Bowel Cancer charity. Over the course of 18 months I met and photographed people from all walks of life to form the chapters of Lives & Times. Every single person taking part has given up their own time to do it and all funds raised go to Beating Bowel Cancer. Inside the book there are over 100 photographs and over 40,000 words. Since publication the book, along with a limited edition screen print by artist Adam Green, has raised over £3000.

I began the book in 2014 two years after my mother had been diagnosed with bowel cancer. She was in fact in remission as I began the book. However the cancer came back as I was doing the book, which was published in November 2015. Sadly my Mum lost her battle with cancer on August 29th, 2016 after a four year battle with this awful disease.

Mum

The book features chapters on Katherine Grainger, Sir Steve Redgrave, Gabby Logan, Jonathan Agnew, Nadine Dorries, Lorraine Kelly, Christopher Biggins, Ben Richards, Matthew Wright, Freya North, Gail Porter, Alan Davies, Shaun Keaveny, Mike Read, Status Quo, The Alarm, The Stranglers, Horace Panter, Clare Grogan and many others.


The Lives & Times can be bought in three different formats. Here is the breakdown on how you can order your copy. 

Hardback Edition
  • Bowel Cancer Fundraising Website. This is the website I have set up. The book costs £24.99 of which the £8-£9 I receive will be donated to Beating Bowel Cancer. Only available to UK customers.
  • Amazon. The book costs £35.00 of which the approx £4.80 I receive will be donated to Beating Bowel Cancer.
Paperback Edition
  • Bowel Cancer Fundraising Website. My website. The book costs £9.99 which the £5 I receive will be donated to Beating Bowel Cancer. Only available to UK customers.
  • Amazon. The book costs £9.99 of which the approx £2.00 I receive will be donated to Beating Bowel Cancer.
Ebook Edition
  • Amazon. The digital edition for the kindle is only available on Amazon at the moment. There are free kindle apps that can run on your iPad and laptop. The book costs £2.99 of which the approx £1.30 I receive will be donated to Beating Bowel Cancer.
Worldwide (outside the UK)
  • Amazon. Search "Lives & Times Tim Darvell" and you won't go too far wrong. 
  • Book Depository. Offers free shipping to anywhere in the world so is a brilliant way for buyers living outside the UK to buy the book.
Finally I am quite happy to sell physical copies of the hardback and paperback editions directly bypassing the websites. Please contact me on email me at timdarv@googlemail.com to arrange it.

I have been supporting Beating Bowel Cancer since 2012, and information about the charity and the work that is does can be found by clicking here.


No comments:

Post a Comment