Tuesday 27 December 2016

Lives & Times Bowel Cancer Fundraising Book Sale Now On...


The Lives &Times book sale is now on until January 2nd. Prices of both the paperback and hardback editions of the book have been reduced on my www.bowelcancerfundraising.co.uk website. All proceeds raised from sales of the book are donated to the Beating Bowel Cancer charity, which is the charity I have been supporting since my mother was diagnosed with bowel cancer in 2012. Sadly Mum lost her 4 year battle with this awful illness on August 29th, but this has only served to make me more determined to continue with the fundraising and to help raise awareness about bowel cancer.

It was the first Christmas without Mum, and having lost Dad in 2009 it was a complete change and very different to not have parents around at my favourite time of the year. However I have to say that I had a lovely time with friends and family. Everything got changed at the 11th hour as one of the dogs was diagnosed with cancer the week before Christmas. So the one down side was not being able to go for Christmas lunch with my sister and her family. Of course it was not a case of forgetting about Mum, but more to remember those happy festive moments with a fond smile. Her hopeless attempts at lighting the Christmas pudding each year, the useless Christmas crackers she had an amazing ability to find, how could she miscalculate the amount of roast potatoes and the list could go on and on... She was an amazing lady, and is hugely missed. But I know that I am going to be ok and will try to make her and dad proud in whatever I do...

The new fundraising book is underway and work will continue on it during 2017, but please continue to support Lives & Times, which is a heartwarming and inspirational read. Yes it mentions bowel cancer, but focuses very much on the amazing experiences I had meeting and photographing so many wonderful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment