Thursday 27 October 2016

Ben Richards Features in the Lives & Times Bowel Cancer Charity Book


One of the first people I approached and photographed for the Lives & Times book was the actor Ben Richards. Ben is in remission from bowel cancer, having been diagnosed in 2012, and was very enthusiastic to get involved.

In the above photo he posed with the Beating Bowel Cancer 2012 Olympic tie, which is now use to support and promote the Follow The Bowel Cancer Tie group on Facebook. You can take a look of what that is about here. I won't reveal too much of what happened when I met Ben back in 2014 and instead hope you might buy the book and read the chapter instead, because the afternoon turned into a great story in itself with me getting unique access to rehearsals for the Rock of Ages musical that Ben was about to go on tour with. Once again the support for this project never fails to surprise me and every time that I think things couldn't get any better they did!

Thanks so much to Ben for his help and support and I followed up our meeting by going to see Rock of Ages in Oxford on the tour a few months later which was fantastic. Ben is currently playing Sergeant Ben Bradley in the Channel 4 series Hollyoaks.


Similar to Ben my mother was diagnosed with bowel cancer in 2012. She fought bravely and with great dignity over four years. She was very positive and never complained and was happy to have any treatment that was required. It was pretty much a continual battle for her as the cancer spread to her left lung and then latterly to her brain. She sadly passed away on August 29th. 

I have no intention of stopping my fundraising for Beating Bowel Cancer so please take a look at all the fundraising products I am selling on my www.bowelcancerfundraising.co.uk website. I am also in the early stages of doing a new fundraising book.

No comments:

Post a Comment