Sunday 22 January 2017

Author Freya North Part of The Lives & Times Bowel Cancer Charity Book

Freya North with the Beating Bowel Cancer tie

On an a chilly spring evening in 2015 I met up with the author, Freya North, in North London and photographed her for the book. This was a fascinating chapter to write up for a couple of reasons. Freya is an Ambassador for the Beating Bowel Cancer charity having lost a close friend, Hannah Berry, to this awful illness. Also while we were making arrangements to meet up we discovered a shared love of The Charlatans, so we decided to do the photo before their gig at The Roundhouse. In the above photo she posed with the Beating Bowel Cancer tie which is helping to raise awareness through a group on Facebook.

Freya with her copy of Lives & Times

I sent Freya an advanced copy of Lives & Times, and I was very pleased, not to mention a little relieved, when she gave it the thumbs up. She also very kindly ordered some more copies of the book when it was published. In 2015 Freya published her 14th novel The Turning Point which became another bestseller for her. It is brilliant, and one I would highly recommend. Here was I taking 18 months to produce my 2nd book, so I have some way to catch up on so many levels! But the good news is I now am in the early stages of book 3, which I am very pleased will once again feature Freya.

Freya was absolutely lovely and it was great to finally meet up with her. It was in fact the perfect evening. Having met Freya I then went to Belgo in Camden for a meal, which is one of my favourite restaurant chains, and then The Charlatans were simply stunning.

My mother fought a long and courageous battle with bowel cancer over four and a half years. She never complained and was always prepared to endure any treatment or procedure it would take to beat the cancer. However the cancer spread to her brain and she sadly lost her battle with bowel cancer passing away peacefully on August 29th, 2016. Naturally the whole point of my fundraising and raising awareness about bowel cancer has been even more reinforced having lost Mum.

All support for the book is greatly appreciated, and the proceeds raised from sales of the Lives & Times fundraising book are donated to the Beating Bowel Cancer charity. The book has raised over £3250 so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment