Sunday 10 January 2016

Gabby Logan, Lorraine Kelly, Steve Redgrave, Shaun Keaveny, Freya North & Many Others Feature In New Charity Book


Over a period of 18 months I met Gabby Logan, Lorraine Kelly, Steve Redgrave and many others for the recently published Lives & Times charity book. All proceeds from sales of the book will be donated to the Beating Bowel Cancer charity, which I have been supporting since 2012 when my mother was diagnosed with bowel cancer. To see how you can buy a copy of Lives & Times click here.

The journey gave me so many fascinating experiences. To meet such a diverse range of people including many household names was fantastic. Everyone gave up their time to participate in the book, and the support and encouragement I have received from them has been amazing. To see a more complete list of the celebrities taking part click here.



I have had some great support from best selling author Freya North. She is an ambassador for the charity, and we actually got to meet up to take her photograph for the book before a gig by The Charlatans at The Roundhouse in London. 


Shaun Keaveny, host of the BBC 6 Music breakfast show, was one of the final photographs I took for the book, and the chapter on him also describes how I had to make the trip up to the BBC twice to get his photo. 


I met Sir Steve Redgrave in Marlow by his statue on the banks of the River Thames. We chatted more about local rowing than his Olympic exploits. My late father was a keen local oarsman and it was fascinating to how many names in the local rowing fraternity they had in common. 

To date the book has raised over £700 for the charity. Every purchase makes a difference, and I hope that people will find the book interesting, entertaining and uplifting. Bowel cancer remains the second highest cancer killer in the United Kingdom, and as well as raising funds the purpose of the book is to help raise awareness about bowel cancer.






No comments:

Post a Comment