Monday 11 January 2016

David Bowie Grows His Angel Wings After Losing Cancer Battle


Today the very sad news broke about the sad passing of music legend David Bowie. Another victim to cancer, which once again sadly shows that is does not discriminate and can take literally anyone. 

Like most people I am deeply saddened to hear the news today. I may not claim to be the world's greatest Bowie fan, but I was always musically challenged by his music, and there is no greater tribute I can pay him that. I remember Ashes to Ashes from 1980 with its surreal video and regardless of whether you liked the track or not you had to sit up and take notice. His musical legacy is timeless and what a fantastic body of music he has left for future generations to enjoy. The world is a worse off for his passing.

Let us also not forget just how many people continue to battle with cancer. My Mum has been battling bowel since 2012 and the purpose of the Lives & Times charity book I recently published is to raise funds for the Beating Bowel Cancer charity and to help raise awareness about the disease. To see how you can buy a copy of Lives & Times click here.

David Bowie has grown his angel wings. R.I.P.



No comments:

Post a Comment