Monday 2 November 2015

Writing a Press Release


To read about the Lives & Times fundraising book for Beating Bowel Cancer click here.

With the book in the proofing stage, I have turned my attention to marketing matters. One of the biggest challenges I face is getting the book out there into the public domain, and reaching out to as many people as possible. My own efforts on social media will hopefully provide a solid platform. The support of the many people featured in the book will also be key, because if I can tap into their followers and fans, it might prove quite fruitful. The other thing is to try and get as much coverage in the media as possible. Local newspapers will hopefully support me in the same way they did with the first book in 2012, and if I could get some coverage in the national press or weekend supplements that would be seriously good. Coverage on radio and television would be fantastic, and how amazing would it be to get on the BBC or ITV? I will give it my best shot and keep knocking on doors.

To do this I need to construct a decent press release. This is not as easy as it sounds as it needs to be concise and to the point, yet have a big enough wow factor to get people to read it and want to find out more about the book. I am hoping one or two people featured in the book may be able to help me with this, and also there might be people in the book with connections to the right people in the media. Once again I can but ask and see what happens.

As things stand I am still aiming on a November 27th publication date.

I am always happy to listen to any fresh ideas so please contact me if you have any thoughts of any of the above or the book marketing in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment