Thursday 19 November 2015

Lives & Times Charity Book For Beating Bowel Cancer 8 Days To Go


With eight days to go until publication things are beginning to get quite exciting. Yesterday I had my delivery of both the hardback and paperback editions of Lives & Times book, so I have begun to send out the orders that I have already received. This means that anyone who places an order now will get their copy ahead of the official launch on the 27th.

Another exciting development yesterday was some contact from Status Quo's management. They were the first to come on board this project 18 months ago, and yesterday they told me that they will publicize the book on the band's Facebook and Twitter pages next month. This is the kind of wonderful help with the marketing that I am hoping for.

Tonight for the first time in Maidenhead United's 145 year history a game will televised live from York Road, with the FA Cup 1st round replay against Port Vale being shown on BT Sport. I am going with my brother, and it will be the first time we have been to see a game there together in about 40 years! I mention this here, because the book features a chapter on the club in its present form and the connection my late grandfather had with it back in the 1930/40s. It was a fascinating chapter to put together, and I am indebted to the club historian, Mark Smith, for all his help. Let's hope for a famous cup upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment