Tuesday 6 February 2018

How To Buy The Lives & Times Charity Book For Beating Bowel Cancer


The Lives & Times book can be bought in three different formats. Here is the breakdown on how you can order your copy. 

Hardback Edition
  • Bowel Cancer Fundraising Website. This is the website I have set up. The book costs £23.99 of which the £5.00 approx that I receive will be donated to Beating Bowel Cancer. Only available to UK customers.
  • Amazon. The book costs £29.99 of which the approx £3.00 I receive will be donated to Beating Bowel Cancer.
Paperback Edition
  • Bowel Cancer Fundraising Website. My website. The book costs £7.99 of which the £2.50 approx I receive will be donated to Beating Bowel Cancer. Only available to UK customers.
  • Amazon. The book costs £8.99 of which the approx £1.34 I receive will be donated to Beating Bowel Cancer.
  • Big Green Bookshop. The book can be bought from this independent bookstore in North London for £10 with £5.62 going to the charity. Big Green Bookshop, Unit 1, Brampton Park Road, Wood Green, London N22 6BG
  • Book Bean & Ice Cream. The book is on sale from this independent bookstore in Kirkham near Preston for £10 with £5.62 going to the charity. Book Bean & Ice Cream, 61 Poulton Street, Kirkham, Preston PR4 2AJ
  • Grove Bookshop. The book is on sale from Grove Bookshop, one of the North of England's best known independent bookstores in Ilkley for £10. Grove Bookshop, 10 The Grove, Ilkley, LS29 9EG
Ebook Edition
  • Amazon. The digital edition for the kindle is only available on Amazon at the moment. There are free kindle apps that can run on your iPad and laptop. The book costs £2.49 of which the approx £1.00 I receive will be donated to Beating Bowel Cancer.
Worldwide (outside the UK)
  • Amazon. Search "Lives & Times Tim Darvell" and you won't go too far wrong. 
  • Book Depository. Offers free shipping to anywhere in the world so is a brilliant way for buyers living outside the UK to buy the book.
Finally I am quite happy to sell physical copies of the hardback and paperback editions directly bypassing the websites. Please contact me on email me at timdarv@googlemail.com and we can arrange it on there.

I have been supporting Beating Bowel Cancer since 2012, as it was then that my mother was diagnosed with bowel cancer. Information about the Beating Bowel Cancer charity and the work that is does can be found by clicking here. My Mum fought a long, brave and courageous battle with bowel cancer. She passed peacefully away on August 29th, 2016.

On January 1st, 2018 Beating Bowel Cancer and Bowel Cancer UK merged to become the UK's leading bowel cancer charity, and all funds now raised are donated to the new organisation. 

I would like to thank everyone for the encouragement and support given so far. I am hoping people will decide to buy the hardback and paperback editions through me or my website to maximize the profits, but every purchase makes a difference. Please support me on this venture. It took over 18 months to put this book together, and along with the art, clothing and mugs, it's raised over £3700 for the charity so far.

3 comments:

  1. So exciting! I can't wait to own my copy and read all the stories behind the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing a review ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim, so pleased all your efforts have paid off. Congratulations! Love and hugs to your mum; I often think of her battling on.

    ReplyDelete