Wednesday 4 November 2015

Ben Richards Part of the Lives & Times Book for Beating Bowel Cancer


One of the first people I approached and photographed for the Lives & Times book 18 months ago was the actor Ben Richards. Ben is now over 2 years in remission from bowel cancer and was very enthusiastic to get involved.

In this particular photo he posed with the Beating Bowel Cancer tie supporting the Follow The Bowel Cancer Tie group on Facebook. You can take a look of what that is about here. I won't reveal too much of what happened when I met Ben here and instead save it for the book, because the afternoon turned into a great story in itself with me getting unique access to rehearsals for the Rock of Ages musical that Ben was about to go on tour with. Once again the support for this project never fails to surprise me and every time that I think things couldn't get any better they did!

Thanks so much to Ben for his help and support and I followed up our meeting by going to see Rock of Ages in Oxford on the tour a few months later which was fantastic. Ben is currently playing Sergeant Ben Bradley in the Channel 4 series Hollyoaks. Finally congratulations to Ben and Kirsty on the recent addition earlier this year to their family with the arrival of little Freja-Amelie.

No comments:

Post a Comment