Tuesday 27 October 2015

Lives & Times Book Front Cover Unveiled


Here is the front cover design for the book! :-) I have been working on this for some months in between photographing people. I came up with the idea for the human head filled with images of some of the people participating quite some time ago. The biggest decision was whether to use one bigger head or two smaller heads. It was only when the fundraising mugs were printed with the two heads did I finally decide to go with two heads.

I appreciate I am never going to win any design contests :-) However I am very pleased with this design and hopefully it will look great on the physical books. Most importantly I did it all myself, because there was a point when I was thinking about having to get it done for me by one of these services you can easily source on the internet. I enjoy playing with photo editing software and I made the layout using Corel PaintShop Pro. I now have a much greater understanding of the use of layers!

I would wager that there isn't one person out there who could name all the faces :-)

Depending on the proofs being OK the book will hopefully be published as a paperback, hardback and ebook between November 16th and November 30th. Once I am happy with the physical proofs I will be able to upload the pre-order links and confirm the release date.

No comments:

Post a Comment