Tuesday 19 January 2016

John Coghlan of Status Quo Sends Video Message Supporting Bowel Cancer Charity Book


John Coghlan, from Status Quo, very kindly sent me a video message supporting the new book. Back in March 2014 one of the first photo sessions for the Lives & Times book was photographing the classic Status Quo Frantic Four line-up from the press pit at the Hammersmith Apollo. I had contacted the band's management trying to meet the band, and they immediately offered me the once in a lifetime opportunity to photograph the band from the press pit!


The chapter tells the story of the evening and features some great photos up close and personal.  It turned into quite an adventure so please support the new book, which was published on November 27th. The above photo was taken a couple of days earlier when I was just attending the first of the three gigs as a fan, and this photo was probably from about 4 or 5 rows back down at the front with my gig camera. By going to the first concert I got an idea of what it was going to be like and got my bearings for the Monday night gig, and it was a stunning show. Billed as the last time the classic line-up would tour, I like many others are hoping that this is not the case and we get to see them play together again.

The photos from the press pit are pretty special if I say so myself. The support from the band has been terrific, and they have put a post publicising the book on their Facebook page which you can see here.

To see how you can buy a copy of Lives & Times click here. ALL proceeds raised are donated to the Beating Bowel Cancer charity. The book has raised over £700 so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment