Sunday 25 October 2015

Horace Panter of The Specials Supporting Bowel Cancer Fundraising Book


Right back at the start of the Lives & Times book I spent some time in the company of Horace Panter at his house in Coventry. He is the bass player in The Specials and also a respected artist, and I got to see him at work in his studio. He was a real gentleman being ever so helpful and a really interesting man to talk to. I got some great photos for the book and lots of anecdotes from him. He also makes a mean cup of tea! Having met him I read his biography on the band Ska'd For Life which is absolutely fascinating. I also purchased one of Horace's cassette prints which is now adorning one of the walls in my living room. Another great chapter in the making for the book.

He has sent this video message of support... well he sent 3 video clips but only 1 is broadcastable :)


Check out Horace's website http://www.horacepanterart.com/ where you can see his fascinating art.

No comments:

Post a Comment