Monday 14 September 2015

Melinda Farrell Supporting The Lives & Times Fundraising Book For Beating Bowel Cancer


To see how you can buy a copy of the Lives & Times book which is raising funds for the Beating Bowel Cancer charity and helping to raise awareness about bowel cancer click here.

I met up with Australian sports journalist and broadcaster Melinda Farrell outside Bank Tube Station in London last summer to photograph her for the book. As you can see she was a great sport posing for a photo with the bowel cancer tie, and recording a video message to help promote the book. This was in fact the first time I have asked anyone to do a video during the photo meet, and I used my little Flip Video which worked perfectly. I wish I had thought of doing this earlier as I am sure most, if not all, of the people I have photographed would have happily recorded a short message of support. The location gave us the magnificent backdrop of Mansion House for the main photo. My Sunday ended up going out for a curry in Reading. Melinda's ended up with dinner at The Ritz! 


The book was published at the end of November and has so far raised over £700 for the charity. Melinda's support for the book was fantastic, and while we endure our British winter Melinda is back in Australia covering their cricketing summer. I am not at all jealous ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment