Wednesday 22 July 2015

A Dedicated Website - 71 Days to Publication


With 71 days to go until publication, I have decided to take the plunge and set up a dedicated website for the book. I have searched around and gone for a pretty basic package, but hopefully in the next few weeks I will have it up and running. The main purpose of the website will be to sell physical copies of the book . By selling copies myself I can cut out the high percentage that Amazon takes and therefore make more money for Beating Bowel Cancer.

I haven't quite decided what I will do about postage costs, but I will price it to compete with Amazon. I will also be able to offer other products through the shop on the site. So the first book will be made available to buy too. I have ordered some copies from the United States which will allow me to sell them under the Amazon list price and make a better margin.

It also opens up some other potential possibilities such as selling other merchandise to raise extra funds. I will look into t-shirts, mugs and promotional items. If anyone has any good ideas or something they think is worth selling, please contact me and let me know.

There is of course a financial outlay associated with doing an e-commerce website, but I think in the scheme of things it will be worth it. I won't be passing on the cost through book sales or try to recuperate from the proceeds raised. Obviously I will be asking for your support in using the website and spreading the word. There will be more news to follow on this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment