Sunday 21 June 2015

Photographing Rachael

Rachael Chadwick

To read the introduction about the new Lives & Times book which is going raise funds for the Beating Bowel Cancer charity click here.

Whilst I was promoting the first fundraising book Beating Bowel Cancer, I came across a wonderful blog, 60 Postcards, written by the quite remarkable Rachael Chadwick. The blog tells how Rachael went to Paris to scatter postcards around the city in memory of her late mother who sadly passed away quite suddenly from bowel cancer. It was a story that needed taking forward, and the 60 Postcards book soon followed which en-captures the complete story from Rachael's mum's final months to Rachael's journey to Paris and beyond. There is no point me trying to retell the story in a paragraph, so I will just recommend you read the book. It is a fantastic read...

I have made no secret of the high profile public figures that I have managed to get on board the new book, but chapters like Rachael's are in many ways the heart and soul of the new book. When I asked her to be a part of the book she immediately said yes. Without giving too much away we had to meet up twice to do the photo, but you will have to read the book to find out exactly why... 


No comments:

Post a Comment