Tuesday 23 June 2015

A World Record


To read the introduction about the new Lives & Times book which is going raise funds for the Beating Bowel Cancer charity click here.

My continuing journey took me to the legendary Abbey Road Recording Studios for this chapter in the book, and this week I was very happy to receive my certificate of participation in the world's longest officially released song now in the Guinness World Records. My part in this world record is very small, but a part of it nevertheless. I wrote one verse in the song, and I played a rhythm guitar track on another verse. The project was put together by Mike Peters from The Alarm. I would say that it was the kind of experience that money can't buy, but it was actually worth every penny :) We were in the same studio used by The Beatles to record so many of their songs, and not forgetting The Alarm recorded their 1984 debut album Declaration there as well. The chapter will document the day, the Love Hope & Strength charity and how the song entitled The Scriptures is helping to save lives. Who'd believe all those years ago watching the late Roy Castle on Record Breakers that I would finally be a record breaker myself :)





No comments:

Post a Comment