Tuesday 1 September 2015

Jake Burns from Stiff Little Fingers Sends A Video Message For The Beating Bowel Cancer Fundraising Book


Jake Burns from Stiff Little Fingers is the latest participant from the Lives & Times charity book for Beating Bowel Cancer to record a video message to help with the book's promotion prior to publication. I am wondering whether I ask one final favour and that is to see if the band would let me use one of their songs as backing music when I make it into a short promo video...



Originally I travelled up to Oxford back in March to see Stiff Little Fingers play live at the O2 Academy. Having made contact with the band a few weeks earlier they invited me to go and photograph them at their sound-check before the gig. It was fascinating going back stage to meet the band in their dressing room, and the gig itself was absolutely brilliant with the band many of their classic songs along with new tracks from their current album No Going Back. This was a great chapter to write, as not only was it a brilliant evening, but having first seen the band play live in 1987 and buying the At The Edge 7" single in 1979 there is a long history of me following the band. 

No comments:

Post a Comment